NEW DELIVERY TRUCK
DATE: NOVEMBER 2, 2017
Vital Energy is seeking quotations for a new fuel delivery truck for delivery to the Republic of Nauru by the end of 1st quarter of 2018. The truck will conduct fuel deliveries in Nauru.
Specification/Scope of Works
1.Material: Aluminum – 5088 and/or 5182 alloy.
- Top 6.0mm (minimum)
- Sides 6.0mm (minimum)
- Bottom 6.0mm (minimum)
- Longmembers, extruded 6061-T6
- Outriggers & Pads at all head locations c/w 1/4″ NPT tapped vent holes, one (1) ea. high and low position on ea. pad
2. Shell Finish: Mill finish.
3. Shape: Elliptical, straight bottom, 20.84 GPI.
4. Design Code: AS2809.1 and AS2809.2. Hydrostatically tested to code, with minimum positive pressure of 5 PSIG (34.47 kPa) rated at 3 PSIG (20.68 KpA). Note; Code includes Hydro test to be completed with manhole, foot valves, pipe work and API’s fitted.
5. Capacity: 14,000 litres Safe Fill + minimum 230 litres ullage per compartment.
6. Compartments: 4 Compartments: 3,500 litres each.
7. Bulkheads/ Dished and flanged single bulkheads, 6.00mm stiffened end heads and Baffles: 5.5mm stiffened compartment heads. Sealing rings located at all compartment head locations fitted with gas freeing holes ¼” BSP tapped top (plugged) and bottom, with top plugs to be located off-centre so as to avoid a tripping hazard. All gauges are nominal. 5.5mm surge baffles fitted in king pin and running gear areas only c/w 6” drain hole.
8. Coaming: Aluminium double leg extrusion rails for overturn protection. Dams front and rear. The peak of the coaming rail shall be at least 25mm above the highest point of any fitting on the manhole/top sheet. The flashing to be fitted with 1/4” NPT tapped vent holes (coaming to be full at front), to be at the top on the front end of the tank and the bottom at the rear.
9. Documentation: None.
10. Temp Rating: 65° C. maximum operating temperature.
11. Miscellaneous: For operation in Nauru. Product Specific gravity: Diesel .84 / Petrol .74 / Fuel Oil .97.
B. TANK FITTINGS AND PIPING
- Manholes: Liquip VOH4102A4A0Z – 18″ Clamp band style manhole. With Liquip brand Dip, Fill adaptors/lockable caps and PVV204 to AS2809. Dip stick to have Liquip brand Anti Rattle – DSS21 and DSR21. Solid fill and dip tubes required with Pressure Equalizing hole/anti flash gauze. All Rubber seal/Gasket kits to be fuel resistant Viton B.
- Capacity Dip stick to have Liquip Anti Rattle – DSS21 and DSR21. Solid fill and dip tubes required with Pressure Equalizing hole/anti flash gauze. Dipstick to be square section, light weight AL with replacable wear stub at the bottom. Note: Tank compartments shall be calibrated by vendor using computer generated charts. All compartments are to be fitted with a dip sticks, with the markings at 200 litre intervals, the sticks should be light weight and constructed by aluminium alloy.
- PV Vents: Liquip PVV204 pressure and vacuum vent in each manhole cover.
- Vapor Collect Vent: None.
- Vapor Collect Hood: Nipple on coaming in-line with VR vent at each manhole (blanked-off).
- Vapor Collect Piping: Internal VR line to left hand rear of the trailer, between bumper and rear fender area – blanked-off, no fitting c/w TTMA flange for future installation of VR fitting. Hole on LHS rear coaming rail blanked-off for the future installation of a coaming vent.
- Foot Valves/ Top Operator: Four (4) Liquip SLV5CO cable operated Foot Valves. Include Liquip CL402RGZ Top Operator c/w Teflon trip and S/Steel spring/retainer.
- Piping/Piping: 4″ Schedule #10 aluminium discharge piping. Viton gaskets on flanged piping connections. Nitrile grooved coupling gasket at emergency valves. Pipe work lengths to be kept to a minimum and to include least amount of pipework joins required. All changes of direction are to be uniformly curved and sharp changes of direction are to be avoided. Each pipe is to be arranged to slope continuously, minimum slope to be 1 in 20 towards its outlet to ensure complete drainage. The pipe work is to be pressure tested as fitted. All pipe work support brackets to be shielded with rubber insulating material.
- Discharge: Four (4) Liquip API 496 located at kerb side (left-hand side in driving position) of mid- tank and connected to pipe work by outlet flange. Discharge valves to have height of 750mm minimum, 850mm maximum above ground level when the tanker is loading and discharging respectively. Discharge valves are fitted at zero (0º) degree angle parallel to surface and all to be within an envelope of no more than 2,500mm horizontally. Horizontal spacing between nearest valves measured from centre to centre of adaptors to be 330mm apart.
- Discharge Accessories: Product indicator mounted behind each outlet.
- Decal compartment capacities (SFL) above each outlet and on coaming rail adjacent to manhole using Traffolyte plates.
- 5 Aluminum (API-MC80) 6” – 3” cam lock adaptor and 3” dust caps (NA80-2AW).
- 4 Liquip 40mm sight glasses.
- 2 Composite hose 3” x 3m to AS2683 (Length to be confirmed).
- Operator System: All foot valves are cable actuated. Operator system is installed in a heavy-duty Stainless Steel box. Pneumatic and electric lines, if applicable, color-coded for ease of identification.
- Overfill: Manhole accessory hole to be blanked-off for future installation of overfill probes.
- Interlock Bar: Safety interference bar with lock down pin handle over discharge valves and vapor outlet(s). Activates one (1) brake interlock valve. A roller trip valve is connected to the interlock bar that fits over the API adaptors. This valve, when triggered, will automatically complete the following:
- Prevent the loading and discharge operations of the valves until hand brake is applied and the interlock bar is lifted.
- The interlock bar will not be able to lower unless hoses are disconnected.
- After lifting the interlock bar to load or discharge the tanker once the hand brake is applied in cab, the hand brake application is maintained on the tanker until the interlock bar is lowered.
- If the driver releases the hand brake in the cab, the brakes on the tanker shall remain applied until the interlock bar is lowered and the hand brake is reapplied and released (i.e. ready to move).
- Operation of the brake interlock valve on the interlock bar would have no effect on the braking system when the tanker is moving.
- Operation of emergency shut-off feature of the tanker shall shut down the complete governing pneumatic system immediately in case of an emergency. The system’s emergency shut-off feature, if activated, should shut down all valves to prevent loading or discharging of product.
- Aluminum earthing lugs are to be fitted to the tank, one at each corner within 1000mm of the extreme ends of the outside coaming. Lugs not to be painted.
- Lifting lugs, (2) ea located at front and rear of barrel on walkway.
- The system is to be fitted with three (3) emergency shut off buttons (Labelled “Emergency Cut-off” in hard plastic) located:
- Mid-tank, both sides.
- Rear LHS of tanker, if activated, should shut down all valves to prevent loading or discharge by closing.
- Emergency shut off button be also fitted in the tank top walkway
- Ladder: Ladder on rear of tank center of bulkhead. Standard ladder bolt on. The ladder to have an effective width of 250mm minimum with rungs equally spaced throughout at 300mm centres, and a 130mm toehold clearance behind any part of the ladder. The ladders vertical risers to extend above the coaming. Top step to be full depth. The ladder will be fitted with outer knurled handrails that run from the top of the ladder to the bottom. The handrail to allow the operators hand to slide continuously while ascending or descending. Ladder to have a gate to prevent unauthorised access.
- Walkway: Grey epoxy paint c/w grit between coaming rails. (2) 3” internal water and (1) electrical wiring drains/tubes at rear through the last compartment. Drains to deflect drained substances away for running gear components and other equipment. Aluminum, mechanically operated collapsible safety handrails full length both sides interior of trailer coaming.
- Hose Trays: Aluminium hose trays, 3.5m one piece not joined, one (1) ea. side of the tanker. Hose tray minimum depth to be 90mm. Mesh on tray bottom at both ends. Red/white 3M Hi-Vis conspicuity tape fitted to sides of both hose trays.
- Toolbox: Red Flag stainless steel: 800mm L x 500mm H x 500mm D. Rubber mat on the floor.
- Fenders: Domar or equivalent plastic c/w mud flaps and spray suppression.
- Tyre Carrier: Provided by chassis supplier.
- Placards: Class 3 diamond style placard holder, one ea. side and rear.
- Lights: SOS 24-volt LED lighting. Combination mid-tank clearance and turn signals. Flasher circuit to be powered by a relay. Aluminum rear light boxes to have 5 lamps in each box. Innermost and inside centre to be combination red stop and tail lights; centre to be backup light, pointing down and out; outside lights to be amber turn signal. Separate license plate/lamp. Three (3) additional red stop lights mounted on the rear dam, as well as one (1) centred high mounted red stop light. Narva LED work light (1) or equivalent, with switch, mounted kerbside (L.H.) to illuminate API work area. Wire into auxiliary circuit. Lights to be minimum one (1) meter from API’s.
- Wiring: 24-volt, 7-wire, moulded conduit throughout, splice less, with junction boxes mid-tank and at rear. Wire as follows:
- White Ground
- Black Clearance
- Yellow Turn LHS
- Red Stop
- Green Turn RHS
- 6 Brown Clearance
- Blue Back-up
Each compartment will have 6mm braided stainless steel anti-static cable act as a central conductor, which has electrical continuity with the shell of less than 10 Ohms. All pipe fittings on tank are sandwiched between two gaskets. The resistance level between the conductive parts providing this path is less than 10 Ohms.
- Preco #390 audible back-up alarm wired into back-up light circuit.
- Red and White conspicuity tape along both sides of tank sub-frame and across rear bumper/under-run bar, also along the pedestrian safety rails.
- Liquip SRL-100 locking static reel mounted in discharge area.
- One (1) pair of wheel chocks made of aluminum checker plate.
- One (1) Hella strobe light mounted on post behind chassis cab.
- Two (2) Daken fire extinguisher holders. One (1) mounted in discharge area, and one (1) mounted RHS rear of tank, both mounted at 45° angles. Vendor to supply 9 kg extinguishers – one ea. foam and dry chemical.
- One (1) in cab fire extinguisher – mounted.
- Provide cladding for exhaust, and chequer plate over engine cover. Routing of exhaust and shielding of exhaust system (rearward of cab) to comply with requirements of AS2809.
- Aluminum safety rails. Provide upper and lower tubular -style aluminum pedestrian safety rails in manifold area on both sides of the trailer.
- Supply battery isolation switch (Baxter’s Master Switch 24V Electronic Double Pole – ISOLATOR)
- Three (3) reflective breakdown triangles (stored in the cab).
- Angled cone holder for 10” cones.
- “Do Not Overtake Turning Vehicle” signage, as per Australian standard.
- Emergency engine shutdown system button on LHS of the unit to provide an engine shutdown in the case of an emergency as per AS2809 Australian Standard.
D. PUMPING SYSTEM (OPTION ONLY)
- Pump: Blackmer TX(S)D-2.5A pump with 2.5” displacement, mounted in a frame below the chassis c/w flow reducer. PTO to be supplied by chassis manufacturer. Recommend PTO output can be set between 450-600 RPM
- Valves/Fittings: Mechanically operated valves and fittings to be installed as required.
- Pump Connection: Suction line filter to be installed as required.
- Meter: Liquid Controls Mechanical Rotary Meter, c/w Electronic Air Eliminator and High Volume Strainer, Check valve, Preset Valve with Brass Pilots,Two Stage, Left To Right, 2″ NPT Flange Aluminum, OIML/MID, 24VDC Power, 3800 LPM Capacity c/w Epson Printer Kit: Power Supply, Communication Cable and Cable Gland. 24VDC.
- Hose Reel/Hose: Hannay pneumatic rewind cartwheel reel IV5111-78-80-24, length 50 meters Goodyear Redwing® hose to be supplied by Vendor.
- Product Nozzle: 1.5” OPW 1290 automatic shut-off nozzles, coupled to OPW 66SP 1.5” breakaway couplings.
- Hose Fittings: 38mm quick release coupling.
- Jumper Hose 76mm I.D. x 1,800 mm long complying with BS 3492 (or equivalent) with manufacturer’s testing certificate.
- Chassis: Isuzu 6×4 rigid chassis. Euro 3 with right-hand drive, manual gearbox, air conditioning, full air braking system with ABS and spring-applied park brake on all rear wheels.
- Mounting: Tank mountings to be Vendor tank mount kit (including rubber strips and aluminium caps). To be mounted as per Vendor recommendations. Springs (to be galvanized) located under compartment bulkheads according to Vendor recommendations to absorb impact stress. The front chassis mounting point shall be designed to retain the tank mounting to stop forward movement of the tank in the event of frontal collision. The front are to be bolted rigid all other mountings are to be fitted with heavy duty compression springs.
- Paint: DuPont 2-pac white paint. Vendor standard grey on steel parts only. Cab to match tank color – high-quality color wrap. Decals to be advised. Color scheme similar to tank barrel below:
- Rear Underrun/ Bumper Bar: Aluminum bumper and under run.
- Trailer Coupling: None.
- Warranty: One (1) year Standard Tank Warranty.
- Miscellaneous: The following documents to be provided:
- General arrangement drawing (to show all CG data).
- Basic data sheet.
- Hydrostatic test certificate.
- Torque certificate for primary nuts and bolts.
- Calibration certificate for each compartment and calibration table.
- Internal cleanliness certification of interior of the tank and piping.
- Certification of brake interlocks in working order.
- Manufacturer’s statement of tank and valves integrity.
- Owner’s manual c/w pneumatic diagrams and parts listings.
Other Terms and Conditions
- This project is being solicited, will be awarded and executed in accordance with Vital Energy’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Payment shall be made in accordance to the offer and procurement procedures.
- Payment milestones to include, but not limited to:
- Procurement completed
- Factory acceptance testing
- All on-site works shall be carried out in accordance to Vital Energy’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
- All quotes shall be in US Dollars or Australian Dollars.
- All quotes shall be valid for minimum of 30 days.
- Vital Energy reserves the right to negotiate to achieve the final costing of this project.
- Vital Energy reserves the right to not award this project to the lowest bidder.
Target Date Requirements
|Request for Quote Released||November 6, 2017|
|Bid Submission||January 1, 2018|
|Contract Award||January 8, 2018|
|Commencement of works||January 8, 2018|
|Delivery to Nauru||March 30, 2018|
Submission of Proposal
Please submit your proposal:
In person to: Savenaca Tamani, Project Manager (Cell: +691 924 2647)
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you should have any questions, please contact by phone or email.