Earthworks for Coconut For Life “C4L” Project in Tonoas, Chuuk
Opening Date: January 12, 2018
Closing Date: January 26, 2018
Vital Energy is seeking expressions of interest from qualified earthworks contractors for a project based in Chuuk State, FSM.
In the coming months, Vital will be constructing a coconut processing plant to support the “Coconut for Life” project. The main processing plant will be based in Tonoas, Chuuk State, FSM and Vital will require earthworks to be carried out on the site.
The C4Life Project will make significant contributions towards the FSM. It is expected to develop an US$18 million export oriented business with strong foreign partnerships, increase the FSM GDP by a minimum of 5% and building sustainable communities with over 25,000 registered farmers.
Scope of Works
Vital has initiated the project to carry out earthworks at the Tonoas Site during the 2nd quarter of 2018 and will include:
- Mobilization/demobilization to Tonoas, Chuuk
- Survey works
- Land clearing
- Excavation and backfilling
- Dredging/Excavation of reef areas
- Surface drainage
- Road works preparation
- Marine ramps preparation
- Rolling and compaction of surfaces
- Preparation for underground utilities (MEP)
We therefore seek an expression of interest from appropriately qualified and reputable contractors to undertake this contract.
Vital will release the RFT once final sites designs are approved. It is expected that contractors will be engaged under a lump sum contract with progress payments against key milestones.
This EOI is a pre-qualification process for short-listing suitable contractors. A formal briefing will be conducted during the RFT process (next stage). However, if there are any questions regarding the EOI, potential bidders can contact Kevin Cairns or Randy Cruz at Vital Head Office (+691 320 6364)
Expression of Interest
Contractors to provide:
- Cover letter indicating availability to work within FSM for a period of up to 3 months on or after April 1, 2018.
- EOI form (and attachments) providing details of:
- Company details
- Financial competency
- Company profile with specific mention of experience in earthworks projects
- Workforce capacity
- Qualifications of key personnel
- Earthworks equipment
Other Terms and Conditions
- This project is being solicited, and will be awarded and executed in accordance with Vital Energy’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Payment shall be made in accordance to the offer and procurement procedures.
- All on-site works shall be carried out in accordance to Vital Energy’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment Policy.
- Vital Energy reserves the right to negotiate to achieve the final costing of this project.
- Vital Energy reserves the right to not award this project to the lowest bidder.
Target Date Requirements:
|January 12, 2018|
|January 19, 2018|
|January 22, 2018|
Request for Tender Release (estimate)
|February 1, 2018|
Commencement of Works
|April 1, 2018|
Submission of EOI
In person to: Vital FSMPC HQ, Pohnpei
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: P.O. Box 1762, Kolonia, Pohnpei 96914, Federated States of Micronesia
If you should have any questions, please contact by phone or email.