File Reference: PC/A/6C – 2017
Position Announcement No.: PA/03/17
Open Date: January 26, 2017
Closing Date: February 10, 2017
Location: Pohnpei, FSM
EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Vital Energy, Inc, an affiliate of FSM Petroleum Corporation, is a progressive state owned enterprise that values diversity and inclusiveness, and is committed to harnessing the local talent of Micronesians. We operate throughout Micronesia, with operations in Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae, Yap, Nauru and Guam. Our Guam and Nauru Facilities operate under Vital Energy, Inc. The company employs some of the best people in the industry, and has a mission to develop and train our people to be the best at what they do in the region. We are currently seeking the right candidate for the position of:
This role’s principle responsibilities will include communicating progress updates on the company’s 10 year strategy, ‘Voyaging Together 2025’. Communications will be focused on internal stakeholders utilizing a variety of communication channels such as Staff Circulars, quarterly newsletters, letters and memos, updates to the Vital-FSMPC website and social media platforms. He/she will also assist in coordinating communications around the Vital-led Company sponsored events in the Community, including fishing tournaments and staff family events. The Communication Officer will work independently on a number of tasks, while being a key part of the Strategy Execution Team. He/She will deal with a wide range of people from all levels of the Company. They will interact with other relevant organizations, the public and the media, including television, radio and newspaper outlets. He/She also will spend time working with designers and suppliers.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- College degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related subject;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good time-management and organizational skills (not only for yourself working on many projects at once but also the time of others);
- Flexibility (there are many different crisis happening at once);
- Computer, desktop publishing skills, experience in web design;
- Creativity to communicate in different ways;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- The ability to form and maintain relationships through teamwork and networking.
- At least three (3) years of work and job experience in various media, writing, journalism or other related fields;
- Have a solid network and experience in working within the Micronesian/Pacific region.
We offer an excellent remuneration package, a structured career development program, and an opportunity to work in a performance – oriented enterprise.
How to Apply
Apply online, E-Mail CVs and applications to email@example.com or hand deliver/mail to our Corporate Office. The Employment Application can also be downloaded from our website, click here. Closing of this Job Announcement is February 10, 2017. Applications will be screened, with only shortlisted applicants contacted for interviews.
Vital Energy, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer