Position Announcement No.: PA-07-2018
Re-opening Date: August 27, 2018
Closing Date: N/A (Open until filled)
EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY
FSM Petroleum Corporation is a progressive state owned enterprise that values diversity and inclusiveness, and is committed to harnessing the local talent of Micronesians. We operate throughout Micronesia, with operations in Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae, Yap, Nauru and Guam. Our Guam and Nauru Facilities operate under Vital Energy, Inc. The company employs some of the best people in the industry, and has a mission to develop and train our people to be the best at what they do in the region. We are currently seeking the right candidate for the position of:
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Based in Chuuk)
Vital will operate a fleet of boats in Chuuk Lagoon. The Maintenance Mechanic maintains our fleet. It is his/her duty to manage our fleet in such a manner as to ensure the safe operation of the vessels at all times. The Maintenance Mechanic will also be required to maintain fixed and mobile equipment as needed.
The company relies on the Maintenance Mechanic to set a high standard of personal and professional conduct, and to maintain shipboard assets for the company’s purpose and mission.
Essential Job Requirements
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all moving equipment in Chuuk including: Terminal, Marine, Power Plant and Coconut Processing Plant
- Ensure that all maintenance is completed, recorded an reported efficiently and in compliance with company systems
- Responsible for parts inventory including
- Critical spares,
- M&R parts,
- Extra fuel and oil.
- Tools and equipment
- Be fully familiar with the handling characteristics of vessels (maneuvering, docking, anchoring, etc.) as well as the operation of critical systems (electronic navigation aids, steering, de-watering, safety apparatus, etc.)
- Be responsible for the operations and maintenance of engine rooms and any machinery onboard the vessel.
- Ensure that the physical aspect of the vessel is completely under control.
- Ensure that engine rooms and equipment are well kept and prepared for inspection
- Maintain required logbooks according to established practice and in established formats
She/he is to ensure that all tasks performed are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with the company’s operating procedure guideline.
Knowledge & Experience
We are seeking individuals with:
|– High School Diploma or equivalent
– Maintenance Fitter, Engineer or equivalent technical Certification
– First aid/CPR and basic safety training.
– Diesel experience
– Marine experience
– Five years mechanic/fitter experience
– Must have sufficiently acute hearing, eyesight and depth perception to meet the demands of at-sea service.
– Must be capable of using escape hatches and boarding /disembarking survival craft unassisted.
|– FSM Citizen
– Outgoing and friendly demeanor, able to engage and communicate easily with passengers and crew.
We offer an excellent remuneration package, a structured career development program, and an opportunity to work in a performance-oriented enterprise.
E-Mail CVs and applications to email@example.com or hand-deliver/mail hard copies to our Corporate Office. The Employment Application can be downloaded here, or can be picked up at our Corporate Office in Pohnpei and at any of our Terminals. Applications will be screened, with only shortlisted applicants contacted for interviews. This job announcement will remain open until filled.
The FSM Petroleum Corporation and Vital Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer